Pages

3.17.2010

Anyone for Pi?

As many of you probably know, March 14th was Pi Day! It was only right to bake a pie ;) I decided to try to make “Crack pie,” which I’ve heard a lot about. It’s made by the Momofuku bakery in New York, which I hope to visit someday, and it’s supposed to be… well, like crack cocaine – addicting as anything. While I did find it notably good (sort of like a pecan pie, without any nuts) I wouldn’t necessarily call it addicting. That’s just my version though – if I could try the one made by Momofuku, I’d be happy to change my mind ;)

I'll admit, I threw this together a bit haphazardly. The recipe was supposed to make two pies, but despite the deliciousness of pie, I think it's unlikely I could eat two. My circumference would pay for it. So I reduced it by half and didn't check my fractions. They seemed about right, though I did forget to add powdered sugar for decoration.

Delicious, ugly pie

And! because I like being a math nerd...

From memory: 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105

Hope your Pi Day was... er... well-rounded! ;D

(In case you missed it, recipe
here)

No comments:

Post a Comment